The Innovation Portfolio (IP) operates within GSA as part of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) in the Office of Solutions (TTS Solutions). As a portfolio nested within an office, IP builds from the base missions of TTS and Solutions, as well as GSA overall.
IP’s mission is to help agencies better understand the public and their interactions with government. We provide centralized resources, communities, and training that make the government more innovative, efficient, and digitally-focused.
- Help agencies implement digital and innovation policies and initiatives, many of which are executive- and congressionally-mandated;
- Serve as a connection point between digital practitioners, change agents, innovation hubs, and idea labs across government to collaborate, prototype, share, and learn.
Each IP program advances our mission of supporting technology innovation opportunities, as well as fostering communities of contributors that support agency missions.
We have two main focus areas: digital innovation, and open innovation.
- DigitalGov (DG) is a hosts and promotes content that elevates the digital literacy, knowledge, and skills of the public sector
- DigitalGov University (DGU) provides free in-person and remote educational events to help people in the public sector gain knowledge about technology and other innovations.
- Communities of Practice (CoP) provide opportunities for people who work with and within the public sector to connect across agencies through conversations and sharing information.
- The U.S. Web Design System (USWDS) is a toolkit of principles, guidance, and code that helps agency digital teams build accessible, mobile-friendly government websites for the American public.
- Challenge.gov empowers the federal government to engage the public to solve problems and innovate through prize competitions.
- CitizenScience.gov facilitates the use of citizen science across the federal government by providing resources that help agencies establish projects and engage volunteers.