Performance Management Employee Resources
This page contains additional resources and trainings for employees who are going through the performance management process. Visit the Quick Links section of the Performance Management Overview page for the Performance Management Employee Checklist.
- Use the Employee performance management checklist (please make a copy!) to guide you through the end of FY19 performance review process
- NOTE: Items highlighted in green are particularly important steps
InSite Performance Management Guide: Provides overall guidance to the performance management program
- How To Set Effective Goals
- Aligning Individual and Organizational Goals
- Managers Guide For Developing Effective Performance Plans
- Preparing for an Effective Midyear & End of Year Performance Discussion with Your Supervisor
- Soliciting Feedback From Your Manager and Peers
- Employee Guide for Writing a Self-Assessment
- Supervisors Award Guide
- HR Links Performance Management Guide: Guide for entering all components of a performance review into HR Links
- Establishing a performance plan
- Creating a performance plan
- Updating a performance plan
- Acknowledging a performance plan
- Entering a self-assessment (Page 7, Section 3.3)
Gather supporting documentation
Supporting documentation that aligns with your Performance Management Plan is optional for the performance review process. Examples of supporting documentation include emails, written performance counseling, customer feedback, survey results, supervisory notes, database/spreadsheets, and/or work samples within the current rating cycle.
This information can be shared with your Supervisor during your 1:1 performance review conversation that will take place October 21 - November 7.
TTS performance rating tool
Use of this tool is optional but can be helpful in determining what your end-of-year rating may be once the performance review is complete. This tool can be used as a reference during your 1:1 performance review session with your supervisor. Note that your supervisor will make final rating determinations on all specific measures associated with your performance plan.
- Performance rating tool
- Make a copy of the tool
- Personalize the template corresponding to your performance plan structure and weight distribution
- Assign a performance rating to your specific measures within each of the five critical elements
- The tool will calculate your overall rating for each critical element and automatically populate the summary tab to produce an overall performance rating.
- Online Performance Management Program to support performance management of both organizations and employees including tools and job aids. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Performance Management Overview – Refresher and introduction of the performance management program.
- Performance Planning Cascading Goals – Learn the importance of cascading goals to align with organizational performance to support organizational success.
- Performance Planning Establishing SMART Performance Plans – Learn the importance of writing measurable plans to support organizational outcomes.
- Self-Assessments – Learn to write effective self-assessment to support the promotion of accomplishments.
- Planning an Effective Appraisal - “Newly added” Learn what is needed and to how to prepare for an appraisal.
- Awards – Learn about the available awards within GSA.
- HR Links Online Training and Guidance. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create & Submit a Performance plan
- Acknowledge a Performance plan
- Mid-Year Self-Assessment
- Acknowledge a Mid-Year Progress Review
- Acknowledge an Evaluation
Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
* Performance Management Overview – Refresher and introduction of the performance management program. * Performance Planning Cascading Goals – Learn the importance of cascading goals to align with organizational performance to support organizational success. * Performance Planning Establishing SMART Performance Plans – Learn the importance of writing measurable plans to support organizational outcomes. * Self-Assessments – Learn to write an effective self-assessment to support the promotion of accomplishments. * How to Manage Difficult Conversations – “Newly added” Learn to how to prepare and conduct conversations regarding poor performance. * Recognizing and Diagnosing a Performance Problem – Learn the importance of recognizing and managing poor performance timely. * Planning an Effective Appraisal - “Newly added” Learn to how to prepare and conduct an effective appraisal of performance. * Awards – Learn about the available awards within GSA.
Still have questions?