TTS Technology Portfolio
The goal of the Tech Portfolio is to oversee/manage/coordinate everything technology-related that cuts across TTS, or anything technology-related that will affect TTS from the outside: particularly security, compliance, infrastructure, and tech policy. We provide all the things that allow you to get your job done, at the highest quality level.
Rather than trying to exert control over everything technology at TTS, we focus instead on protecting, streamlining, and enabling our staff and systems, and doing so in an empathetic, transparent way. The Tech Portfolio’s work applies to much more than technology; it applies to our entire operation, including how we work inside the law, how we secure our systems, and how we spend money.
Tech Portfolio Vision:
- Find where we may be duplicating effort or have gaps around technology, and if those are opportunities for TTS/GSA/government-wide shared services
- Serve as the primary liaison between GSA IT and TTS, ensuring high levels of service, finding compromise, and generally keeping a good relationship between the teams
We also do things like:
- Policy: Represent TTS on the FAS Systems Governance Committee (FSGC), i.e. vote on what technology projects get money from the Acquisition Services Fund (ASF)
- Compliance: Assist in authorization of TTS systems to get their ATOs, improving that process along the way
- IT Security: Involved in security incidents triage and reporting
- Requirements: In coordination with GSA IT, manage and support procurements, approvals, and licenses (with Acquisition and Finance teams) for hardware and software that chapters need to accomplish their mission
- Assets: Manage major TTS infrastructure and programs such as Bug Bounty, AWS, New Relic, Twilio, etc.
- Relationships: Advise TTS leadership and interface with the rest of GSA (FAS, OGP, GSA IT Security, etc) on technology-related matters.
- Customer Service: Generally support TTS on any technology-related matters
- Administration: Perform operational activities like access, account and license management.
Things not within our scope:
- Purchasing office equipment for individuals (rather than the project the individual supports)
- Picking up software development tasks for TTS programs
- Being the owners/stewards/pushers of data/metrics for TTS, beyond what applies to responsibilities listed above
- The Tech Portfolio Kanban board - what we’re working on
- Before You Ship - TTS’s internal documentation about security, compliance, and infrastructure
- Maintaining the authoritative source documentation for components used across TTS Software-as-a-service (SaaS) , Systems, and Accounts
- TTS Tech Portfolio General Request Form
- More internal documentation
- Read more about us
- The Technology Portfolio team is new as of July 2019, though, is the evolution of 18F/TTS Infrastructure.