Changing your name
TTS does our best to make everyone feel welcome. During the onboarding process, we can’t always ensure that your preferred name is reflected in all of GSA’s systems. You can update your records so that people who look at your name on emails and in Google Meet are reminded to use the name that makes you most comfortable.
Changing your name in Google Apps
You can change your name by following these steps:
- Log in to the GSA network or a VPN
- Ensure your PIV card reader is inserted into your computer. When logging in to GCIMS, you will be asked to choose a security certificate to verify your identity. If you choose the wrong one, you will lose access to GCIMS and have a difficult time regaining access. Choose carefully!
- Go to GCIMS
- You will be asked to choose a digital certificate. If your PIV card is inserted, there will be two certificates listed with your name on them.
- The right choice generally seems to be the first option.
- If you want to be certain, on Macs you can look at the digital certificate’s “Usage” field. Choose the one that is only “Digital Signature”
- If you choose the wrong certificate the first time, you might still be able to log in with another using an incognito window
- Once logged in, follow the GCIMS Self-Service link.
- Proceed to the “Work Contact Information” link.
- Enter your preferred name and update the form.
- Wait up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
If you have trouble with this process, you can open a GSA IT Help Desk ticket for assistance.