Changing your name
TTS does our best to make everyone feel welcome. During the onboarding process, we can’t always ensure that your preferred name is reflected in all of GSA’s systems. You can update your records so that people who look at your name on emails and in Google Meet are reminded to use the name that makes you most comfortable.
Changing your name in Google Apps
You can change your name by following these steps:
- Log in to the GSA network or a VPN
- Ensure your PIV is connected to your computer.
- Go to GCIMS
- You will be asked to choose a digital certificate.
- Once logged in, follow the GCIMS Self-Service link.
- Proceed to the “Work Contact Information” link.
- Enter your preferred name and update the form.
- Wait up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
If you have trouble with this process, you can open a GSA IT Help Desk ticket for assistance.