Individual Development Plan
An Individual Development Plan (IDPs) is a tool to help an employee enhance their professional skills so that they can better meet the evolving challenges of their job.
|Salesforce||Site where IDPs are created|
|Switch to Salesforce Classic||Always make sure that you’re in Salesforce Classic when creating a new IDP|
|IDP Salesforce Guide||Step-by-step guide for creating and accessing IDPs in Salesforce|
|IDP Overview||Provides info on common goals for IDPs and why they are important|
|IDP Employee Tool Kit||Provides video guides for entering IDPs|
|IDP Supervisor Tool Kit||Provides video guides for approving IDPs|
|IDP OLU Training||OLU course on how to develop and manage an IDP|
Common goals of an IDP
- Learn new skills and competencies to improve current job performance
- Maximize current performance in support of organizational requirements
- Assist employees in reaching career development goals.
- Increase interest, challenge, and satisfaction in current position
- Obtain knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for a change in grade, series, or fields
IDPs and conference, event, and training requests
An SF-182 is required for most conference, event, and training requests that have registration and/or travel costs. The SF-182 will need to be linked to an IDP that is updated with the conference, event, or training that you’re attending and is approved by your supervisor.
For more information on the SF-182 process, head over to the Conferences, events, and training handbook page.
- Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) Talent Development Catalog of Offerings & Services
- Join the GSA Training & Development Chatter group to stay up-to-date on all the training and development opportunities
- Training & Development InSite page
- Conferences, events, and other professional development trainings