Individual Development Plan
An Individual Development Plan (IDPs) is a tool created in Online University (OLU) to help GSA employees enhance their professional skills so that they can better meet the evolving challenges of their job.
|Online University (OLU)||Site where IDPs are created|
|IDP OLU Guide||Step-by-step guide for creating and accessing IDPs in Salesforce|
|IDP Overview||Provides info on common goals for IDPs and why they are important|
|IDP Employee Tool Kit||Provides video guides for entering IDPs|
|IDP Supervisor Tool Kit||Provides video guides for approving IDPs|
|IDP OLU Training||OLU course on how to develop and manage an IDP|
Common goals of an IDP
- Learn new skills and competencies to improve current job performance
- Maximize current performance in support of organizational requirements
- Assist employees in reaching career development goals.
- Increase interest, challenge, and satisfaction in current position
- Obtain knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for a change in grade, series, or fields
IDPs and conference, event, and training requests
An IDP is no longer required for requests, but an SF-182 is required for most conference, event, and training requests that have a cost.
For more information on the SF-182 process, head over to the Conferences, events, and training handbook page.
- Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) Talent Development Catalog of Offerings & Services
- Join the GSA Training & Development Chatter group to stay up-to-date on all the training and development opportunities
- Training & Development InSite page
- Conferences, events, and other professional development trainings