Technology Transformation Services Handbook
A resource for TTS employees
The Technology Transformation Services Handbook is an open, crowd-sourced, accessible, and living resource that aims to provide the information our team needs to do their work.
Technology Transformation Services (TTS) applies modern methodologies and technologies to improve the public’s experience with government by helping agencies make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective. Below is more information on both general TTS policies and the individual offices within TTS.
What to know during your first weeks at TTS.
Training & travel
How to grow and how to go!
- Coaching, mentoring and professional development
- Conferences and events
- Detailing for professional growth
- External speaking requests
- GitHub 101
- Individual development plans
- Online Learning University (OLU)
- Affinity groups, working groups, guilds, and communities of practice
- Career Progression Framework (CPF) project description and overview
- , external,TTS-only, TTS Career Progression Frameworks
- Travel guide (table of contents)
Learn about types of leave and how to request it.
Tools and tips for supervisors.
Performance & supervision
Annual reviews, self-evaluations and peer feedback. Oh my!
Hiring, staying, or changing jobs
Everything you need to know about getting a job at TTS, changing jobs at TTS, or leaving TTS.
General information and resources
Who we are
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Benefits links and resources
- Daily check-in
- , external,TTS-only, Emergency procedures
- Employee assistance program
- Employment verification
- , external,TTS-only, Onboarding Buddy Guide
- Psychological Safety
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Resources for deaf and hard of hearing individuals
- Moving and changing your address
- Transit benefit
- , external, Within grade increases (opm.gov)
- Work schedules
How to request purchases for you or your team
We’re all one family at TTS, but each office has its own norms and practices.
TTS office of operations
TTS Office of Acquisition
How we work
18F team resources
Centers of Excellence (CoE)
Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF)
U.S. Digital Corps (USDC)
A by-no-means complete sampling of commonly used tools around TTS.
Network & VPN tools
- GSA internal tools
- Adobe Acrobat and Creative Cloud (CC)
- DocuSign (digital signatures; replaced eSign)
- GitHub (code repos and versioning)
- , external, Infrastructure (cloud.gov, AWS, etc.)
- Mural (collaborative whiteboard tool)
- Qualtrics (survey management tool)
- , external, Security scanning
- Text editors
- Tock (time tracking)
- Trello (task and project management)