Performance Management Overview
This page contains performance management quicklinks, important dates, and guidance for employees and supervisors. Visit the development and training page for opportunities within GSA that are available to TTS employees
Performance management quick links
|Employee checklist||Employee performance management steps|
|Supervisor checklist||Supervisor performance management steps|
|Employee Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering performance review steps into HR Links|
|Supervisor Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering and processing performance review steps in HR Links|
|HR Links||Submitting performance reviews|
|HR Links Employee Guide||Visual guide for employees to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|HR Links Supervisor Guide||Visual guide for supervisors to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|FY19 Performance Management Planning & Appraisal Master Schedule||All FY19 dates|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Non-supervisor||Performance management trainings (Non-supervisory employees)|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Supervisor||Performance management trainings (Supervisory employees)|
|Employee Performance Management||InSite performance management resources|
|HR Links: Time Off Award Preference||Instructions for selecting time off awards in lieu of cash|
Who participates in the end of year performance review?
A GSA employee is eligible to be rated by their official Supervisor if they have been on an established Performance Plan for 120 days, beginning with the date that the employee acknowledged the performance plan that was signed by their Supervisor.
- Note: TTS employees who have established a performance plan before July 17 are eligible to close out their FY19 Performance Plan during the October 1 - November 14 end-of-year performance review cycle.
Who is eligible for the end of year performance bonus?
Employees who occupy eligible positions as of September 30, 2019, and who receive an eligible rating of record, will receive an Individual Performance Award (IPA) or can opt for a Time Off Award in lieu of cash by selecting that option in HR Links no later than November 14, 2019.
- FY19 IPAs are targeted to be paid out in December 2019, as in previous years. However, the IPA payout date depends upon the status of the Continuing Resolution and FY20 funding.
Subject to the availability of funds, OCFO and OHRM plan to distribute FY19 IPAs as follows:
- Level 5 summary ratings: Up to 2.5% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 52 hours of time off, subject to budget availability.
- Level 4 summary ratings: Up to 1.5% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 31 hours of time off subject to budget availability.
- “High 3” summary ratings: Up to .25% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 5 hours of time off subject to budget availability for employees who receive a Level 3 summary rating with one or more critical elements weighted 15% or greater, rated at Level 4 or Level 5.
- Online Performance Management Program to support performance management of both organizations and employees including tools and job aids. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Performance Management Overview – Refresher and introduction of the performance management program.
- Performance Planning Cascading Goals – Learn the importance of cascading goals to align with organizational performance to support organizational success.
- Performance Planning Establishing SMART Performance Plans – Learn the importance of writing measurable plans to support organizational outcomes.
- Self-Assessments – Learn to write effective self-assessment to support the promotion of accomplishments.
- Planning an Effective Appraisal - “Newly added” Learn what is needed and to how to prepare for an appraisal.
- Awards – Learn about the available awards within GSA.
- HR Links Online Training and Guidance. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create & Submit a Performance plan
- Acknowledge a Performance plan
- Mid-Year Self-Assessment
- Acknowledge a Mid-Year Progress Review
- Acknowledge an Evaluation
Still have questions?