Performance Management Overview
This page contains performance management quicklinks, important dates, and guidance for employees and supervisors. Visit the development and training page for opportunities within GSA that are available to TTS employees
Performance management quick links
|Employee checklist||Employee performance management steps|
|Supervisor checklist||Supervisor performance management steps|
|Employee Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering performance review steps into HR Links|
|Supervisor Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering and processing performance review steps in HR Links|
|FY21 Performance Plan Framework||TTS Performance Plan framework with 3 tiers and recommended percentage weights|
|FY20 Performance Plan Critical Elements Examples||Examples of FY20 performance plans critical elements used by TTS Business Units|
|HR Links||Submitting performance reviews|
|Fix HR Links Google Chrome Login Issue||Instructions for clearing HR Links site cache|
|HR Links Employee Guide||Visual guide for employees to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|HR Links Supervisor Guide||Visual guide for supervisors to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|Acquistion Critical Element Guide||Instructions for adding the Acquisition Critical Element, which is required for all CORs on active delegation|
|Closing out an Interim Performance Plan||Use to close out performance plans that will not factor into the end of year performance award|
|FY20 Performance Management Planning & Appraisal Master Schedule||All estimated FY19-FY21 Performance dates|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Non-supervisor||Performance management trainings (Non-supervisory employees)|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Supervisor||Performance management trainings (Supervisory employees)|
|Employee Performance Management||InSite performance management resources|
|HR Links: Time Off Award Preference||Instructions for selecting time off awards in lieu of cash|
Who participates in the end of year performance review?
A GSA employee is eligible to be rated by their official Supervisor if they have been on an established Performance Plan for 120 days, beginning with the date that the employee acknowledged the performance plan that was signed by their Supervisor.
TTS employees who have established a performance plan before July 17 are eligible to participate in the October 1 - November 14 end-of-year performance review cycle. For employees who start after July 17 and before September 1, the performance plan can be closed out 120 days after the performance plan is acknowledged by the employee. Employees who start after September 1 are not eligible to participate in the end-of-year performance review cycle.
Who is eligible for the end of year performance bonus?
Depending on your overall performance rating, you may be eligible for an Individual Performance Award (IPA). The projected IPA distribution is as follows:
- Level 5 summary ratings: Up to 3.85% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 80 hours of time off, subject to budget availability.
- Level 4 summary ratings: Up to 2.1% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 44 hours of time off subject to budget availability.
- “High 3” summary ratings: Up to 0.385% of adjusted basic pay, or up to 8 hours of time off subject to budget availability for employees who receive a Level 3 summary rating with one or more critical elements weighted 15% or greater, rated at Level 4 or Level 5.
The final award percentages for Level 5, Level 4 and Level 3 summary ratings will be determined when all performance reviews are complete. In the event the above targets for the Level 3, Level 4 and Level 5 summary ratings cannot be met due to budget constraints, the percentage payouts for awards will be decreased proportionally.
Selecting award preference in HR Links
- Monetary award: If you are elegible for a performance award, this is the default option in HR Links. No action is needed in HR Links unless you specified award time off for the prior review cycle
- To change from LEAVE to CASH, you need to change your “Time Off Award Preference” to “Inactive” and you must then use the “Save” button.
- Note: These instructions show where to make the change in HR Links, but they are missing the critical “Inactive” and “Save” steps.
- Award leave: If you are elegible for a performance award and would like to select award time off in lieu of a monetary award, please follow these instructions.
- Online Performance Management Program to support performance management of both organizations and employees including tools and job aids. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Performance Management Overview – Refresher and introduction of the performance management program.
- Performance Planning Cascading Goals – Learn the importance of cascading goals to align with organizational performance to support organizational success.
- Performance Planning Establishing SMART Performance Plans – Learn the importance of writing measurable plans to support organizational outcomes.
- Self-Assessments – Learn to write effective self-assessment to support the promotion of accomplishments.
- Planning an Effective Appraisal - “Newly added” Learn what is needed and to how to prepare for an appraisal.
- Awards – Learn about the available awards within GSA.
- HR Links Online Training and Guidance. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create & Submit a Performance plan
- Acknowledge a Performance plan
- Mid-Year Self-Assessment
- Acknowledge a Mid-Year Progress Review
- Acknowledge an Evaluation