Performance Management Overview
This page contains performance management quicklinks, important dates, and guidance for employees and supervisors. Visit the development and training page for opportunities within GSA that are available to TTS employees
Performance management quick links
|Mid-Year Employee checklist||Mid-Year Employee performance management steps|
|Mid-Year Supervisor checklist||Mid-Year Supervisor performance management steps|
|End-of-Year Employee checklist||End-of-Year Employee performance management steps|
|End-of-Year Supervisor checklist||End-of-year Supervisor performance management steps|
|Employee Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering performance review steps into HR Links|
|Supervisor Step-by-Step HR Links Guide||Entering and processing performance review steps in HR Links|
|FY21 Performance Plan Framework||TTS Performance Plan framework with 3 tiers and recommended percentage weights|
|FY20 Performance Plan Critical Elements Examples||Examples of FY20 performance plans critical elements used by TTS Business Units|
|HR Links||Submitting performance reviews|
|Fix HR Links Google Chrome Login Issue||Instructions for clearing HR Links site cache|
|HR Links Employee Guide||Visual guide for employees to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|HR Links Supervisor Guide||Visual guide for supervisors to enter components of a performance review into HR Links|
|Acquisition Critical Element Guide||Instructions for adding the Acquisition Critical Element, which is required for all CORs on active delegation|
|Closing out an Interim Performance Plan||Use to close out performance plans that will not factor into the end of year performance award|
|FY20 Performance Management Planning & Appraisal Master Schedule||All estimated FY19-FY21 Performance dates|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Non-supervisor||Performance management trainings (Non-supervisory employees)|
|Online Learning University (OLU) Supervisor||Performance management trainings (Supervisory employees)|
|Employee Performance Management||InSite performance management resources|
|HR Links: Time Off Award Preference||Instructions for selecting time off awards in lieu of cash|
Who participates in the end of year performance review?
A GSA employee is eligible to be rated by their official Supervisor if they have been on an established Performance Plan for 120 days, beginning with the date that the employee acknowledged the performance plan that was signed by their Supervisor.
For employees who need a new performance plan to be established after June 1, their supervisor should partner with our Workforce Relations partner for guidance.
Employees who start after September 1 are not eligible to participate in the upcoming end-of-year performance review cycle. The employee’s supervisor should partner with TTS PeopleOps for guidance.
PLEASE NOTE: New performance plans should be established within 30 days of an employee entering a role.
Who is eligible for the end of year performance bonus?
Depending on your overall performance rating, you may be eligible for an Individual Performance Award (IPA). The cash/time off awards for Level 5, Level 4 and Level 3 summary ratings will be announced by GSA near the end of the calendar year when all performance reviews are complete.
Selecting award preference in HR Links
Monetary award: If you are eligible for a performance award, this is the default option in HR Links. No action is needed in HR Links unless you specified award time off for the prior review cycle
- To change from LEAVE to CASH, you need to change your “Time Off Award Preference” to “Inactive” and you must then use the “Save” button.
- Note: These instructions show where to make the change in HR Links, but they are missing the critical “Inactive” and “Save” steps.
Award leave: If you are eligible for a performance award and would like to select award time off in lieu of a monetary award, please follow these instructions.
Online Performance Management Program to support performance management of both organizations and employees including tools and job aids. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Performance Management Overview – Refresher and introduction of the performance management program.
- Performance Planning Cascading Goals – Learn the importance of cascading goals to align with organizational performance to support organizational success.
- Performance Planning Establishing SMART Performance Plans – Learn the importance of writing measurable plans to support organizational outcomes.
- Self-Assessments – Learn to write effective self-assessment to support the promotion of accomplishments.
- Planning an Effective Appraisal - “Newly added” Learn what is needed and to how to prepare for an appraisal.
- Awards – Learn about the available awards within GSA.
HR Links Online Training and Guidance. Courses include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create & Submit a Performance plan
- Acknowledge a Performance plan
- Mid-Year Self-Assessment
- Acknowledge a Mid-Year Progress Review
- Acknowledge an Evaluation