Government requirements for shipping projects fall into the following categories:
- Information Collection
- Paperwork Reduction Act of 1980 (PRA)
- Privacy Act of of 1974
- E-Government Act of 2002
- One of the goals of the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA) is to “provide a comprehensive framework for ensuring the effectiveness of information security controls over information resources that support Federal operations and assets.” The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) was tasked with designing and implementing this framework: the result is NIST’s Risk Management Framework (RMF). All federal information and information systems (except classified information and national security systems) are subject to NIST’s RMF.
- There’s an introduction to the RMF on NIST’s website.
- A more comprehensive guide, including how to apply the framework, references to the various relevant publications, and definitions of roles and responsibilities, is found in NIST’s Special Publication 800-37.
508 - Accessibility
Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Developers: review the Accessibility Checklist.
- Accessibility Review/Audit via one of the following options:
- TTS Accessibility Guild: As soon as possible, but no later than 2 weeks before launch, put in a request for an Accessibility Guild Support Request Form
- GSA 508 Team: Request an audit/review from the GSA 508 Coordinator for GSA-owned properties
- Agency 508 Team: Find your partner agency’s 508 Coordinator
Paperwork Reduction Act
Check out pra.digital.gov for more information.