We actively work to eliminate bigotry and disrespect (e.g. microaggressions, microinvalidations, etc.) from our workplace. We also understand that in order to address unconscious bias you have to start somewhere. Below are resources for anyone to learn more about diversity and inclusion principles and best-practices:
- 18F Inclusive Language Guide - Principles, resources, and suggestions for writing and talking about diverse groups of people.
- “Here’s EY’s Simple But Effective Strategy For Increasing Diversity” - Is something a preference, tradition, or requirement? This article covers how Ernst and Young used the “PTR” framework to hire a more diverse workforce. It can be used widely to critically assess all aspects of a work culture.
- One on One Meeting Framework - This GSA resource – though not explicitly written with a diversity and inclusion lens – contains useful guidelines that supervisors can use to provide equitable feedback experiences with each employee on a regular basis.
- Management Tools list from The Management Center - Includes resources on delegation, roles & goals, performance problems, managing up, and much more. They include equity and inclusion considerations in their tools.
- Want to sign up for a11y (accessibility) training? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to get on the list.