Accessing DoD Systems
When trying to access various
.mil sites, you will get a certificate error. Follow these instructions to solve the issue.
System Authorization Access Request (SAAR)
For TTS staff working on an engagement with a Department of Defense (DoD) or Intelligence Community (IC) partner, you will likely need to complete a System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) form to gain access to the partner’s network and systems.
This form will need to be e-signed by both you and your supervisor using either a DOD CAC (preferred), PIV provided by GSA, or as a last resort with Docusign, but you will need to ensure fields #21 and #22 remain editable for DOD to edit by assigning someone to update the fields.
You will indicate on this form the date when you your completed annual cybersecurity training. Since the form is not specific, you should indicate the date of your most recent GSA cybersecurity training.
If you are asked to take DoD cybersecurity training, you can access the DoD training at no cost here. Note - The training module claims that the course can be done in about 75 minutes.
When filling out the specific fields on the SAAR form:
- Part I / Section 9: Check civilian, not contractor (don’t worry about contract dates/numbers. We aren’t contractors so don’t have a contract).
- Part I / Section 10: Put the date our Inter Agency Agreement expires as the end of access date (your account manager should be able to provide this).
- Part I / Section 14: The type of access you are requesting is almost always authorized.
- Part II / Section 13: Justification for access should be the simplest, most straight forward way of expressing your need.
- You may attempt to submit the form without filling out Part III. DoD agencies typically don’t care that we have public trust (moderate risk) investigations. If they do care, then you’ll need to get the SAAR form signed by the GSA security manager’s team. Take a look at the PERSEC insite page and contact the branch deputy.
If you run into issues getting your SAAR form approved, please contact your Account Manager, or the National Security & Intelligence Portfolio manager.