TTS is a fee-for-service organization. Federal law requires that any agreement between agencies be recorded in some manner.
TTS uses three mechanisms to record its agreements with other agencies: Interagency Agreements (IAAs), Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), and Intergovernmental Cooperation Act agreements (IGCAs).
- IAA is our shorthand for using the Treasury Department's standard form 7600A and 7600B, along with terms and conditions, a statement of work, and financial terms to record the agreement.
- An MOU is a single document to record work between two divisions within one TTS office. (For example: between Cloud.gov and The Data Analytics Portfolio both of which are part of the Office of Solutions.) These agreements are between TTS and the GSA-CFO to allow the transfer of funds between the organizations. The Agreements Team provides , external,TTS-only, templates for your use.
- We use IGCAs to partner with non-federal entities, such as States and Cities. For more on IGCAs, see the State and Local Agreements page.
What are the contents of an IAA?
An IAA is made up of:
, external,7600A General Terms and Conditions: This form records an estimated amount and agreement period. Neither the amount nor the agreement period may be exceeded by the cumulative 7600Bs issued under the 7600A. However, this amount and period are merely estimates.
, external,TTS-only, TTS standard terms: This document is attached to all 7600As. It contains multiple provisions, with the two most important being our commitment to open source work and our communication clause informing clients that we may blog about them.
, external,7600B Order Requirements and Funding Information: This form records the actual amount obligated in the agreement by the client agency and a period of performance for the specific project. The funding information for each agency is recorded, including the expiration of the funding appropriation. This information is vital to ensuring the agreement meets applicable appropriations laws. There can be multiple 7600Bs under a 7600A, but the total cost of the 7600Bs cannot exceed the estimated amount on the 7600A, nor can the period of performance exceed the end date in the 7600A.
Statement of Work (SOW): This document is an attachment to the 7600B and describes the need of the client for TTS' services and the actual deliverables that will be provided by TTS. These deliverables are specific while adhering to agile principles. The Agreements Team has multiple templates drafted for use by product leads: , external,TTS-only, 18F SOW templates, , external,TTS-only, cloud.gov SOW templates, and , external,TTS-only, Federalist SOW template.
, external,TTS-only, FITARA Review: TTS complies with FITARA and follows the , external,TTS-only, TTS Policy and Process for GSA Chief Information Officer FITARA Review.
, external,TTS-only, Economy Act Determination: For agreements citing the Economy Act as the statutory authority, an Economy Act Determination must be signed by the requesting agency.
Follow the steps below. The process largely depends on how quickly the client provides the required information, you complete a statement of work, and the Office of General Counsel (OGC) reviews the agreement. Some agreements can take as few as 10 days, while others take up to 90 days.
- For 18F projects, complete a , external,TTS-only, cost estimate.
- Revise and edit the Statement of Work (see SOW templates listed above) with the client.
- Ask the client to complete the , external,TTS-only, IAA Preparation Survey. If the client cannot complete the Google Form, please use the , external,TTS-only, PDF version of the survey. This form must be submitted by the client before moving to the next step.
- The project lead submits the , external,TTS-only, IAA Request Form, which includes a link to the , external,TTS-only, cost estimate and statement of work, along with the period of performance and basic client data.
- The Agreements Team receives the form and:
- Creates a file folder with all appropriate templates
- Emails the client lead specified to start collecting any additional information required.
Agreements Team Responsibilities
A detailed description of the steps in the IAA and MOU process is available , external,TTS-only, here
The Agreements Team maintains the , external,TTS-only, TTS Agreements Report and updates it daily.
Questions on agreements can be posted anytime to , external,TTS-only, #iaa in Slack or by sending a message to @tts-agreements-team or email@example.com.Return to the top of the page ^