Software Under $10,000
Do you need software to do your job or make sure TTS is running smoothly? Follow the steps below to access software we own or request a software purchase of under $10,000.
If you need to purchase more expensive software, see procurements over $10,000.
Get access to software we already have
If the software you are looking for is in the TTS inventory, send an email to email@example.com requesting a license for the software you need. The TTS Saas Project Manager will contact you within 1-2 business days.
If TTS does not have licenses, GSA might. In order to check the GSA IT Catalog:
- First, check if the approved software is in the Self Service catalog app from your Macbook
- If the tool is not in the Self Service catalog, Start a Software request
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page to where it says “Enter Software Name Here”.
- In the dropdown menu, start to type the name of the software you need.
If the name pops up, it means GSA has already purchased it. If your software is in the Catalog, fill out the rest of the form to request a license.
Note: If you’re looking for MS Office, see this page.
All software in use at GSA needs to be approved through the IT Standards process. There are a few exceptions:
- Free and open source development packages
- In general, open source development libraries are exempt from IT Standards review.
- See the CIO GSA Information Technology (IT) Standards Profile (section 2c) for more details.
- Tools from partner agencies
Purchase new software
Here at TTS, we want to stay current and take advantage of as many emerging technologies as possible. We believe that getting the software you need to do your job should not be difficult, time-consuming or stressful. If the software is not in the TTS inventory or GSA IT Catalog (or if there are no licenses available), the TTS Tech Portfolio will work with you to meet your needs as best as possible.
Step 1: Submit TTS Software Request
Use the TTS Tech Portfolio Software Request Form to get a New Software (consult). When jusifying your needs, ensure that you provide as much detail as possible.
Once the form has been submitted, it will be added to the exisiting queue of software requests. Please be patient and wait for the TTS Software Concierge to reach out to you.
Step 2: Meet with TTS Software Concierge
The TTS Software Concierge will review the request submitted and will contact you in order to ask further questions regarding your specific needs. This meeting is intended to gather further information, propose possible alternatives, and to determine the best approach to meet your needs.
Step 3: Analysis
After the initial meeting has been conducted, the Software Concierge will work with you to:
- Reach out to other parts of TTS to find out if others are experiencing the same problem
- Explore GEAR and the TTS inventory to see what options are already available
- Look at pricing
- Determine what kind of ATO would be needed/acquisition would need to happen if the current tools don’t meet the need
Please be patient as the Software Concierge conducts their analysis. You may be asked to participate in a follow-up meeting to discuss any new concerns and/or possible alternatives that may be discovered.
Step 4: Obtain ATO & FITARA Approval
Once all analysis has been completed, the Software Conceirge will contact you to discuss the outcome of your software request. Justification will be provided if either your request will be moved forward or not.
An IT Standard and FITARA request will be submitted to have the tool approved for use.
Once the ATO has been granted, the tool will be listed in GEAR and you will then be able to conduct the procurement for the required licenses.
Useful links & policies
- Chrome extensions
- GitHub integrations
- Google Cloud / G Suite services, including APIs
- Slack integrations
- GSA Information Technology (IT) Standards Profile
- GSA IT Security Policies